General Admissions Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to the Dotlen Academy of Science academic
programs, an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete an admission application.
- The applicant must possess either a high school diploma or GED.
- The applicant must be a United States citizen, resident alien, or other eligible non-US citizen (original immigration proof required including a valid Social Security card).
- The pre-admission test, the Assessment Technologies Institute Test of Essential and Academic Skills (TEAS) for Practical Nursing Program – https://www.atitesting.com
- The TABE – Equivalent entrance examination for the Nursing Assistant Training Course.
- Payment of registration fee
- Interview with the Program Coordinator or faculty.
- Completion of a satisfactory (negative) drug screening.
- Completion of the Physical Examination form submitted on the school health form.
- The applicant must possess an acceptable Criminal Background Check, including a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Report, an FBI Criminal History Report, and a Child Abuse Clearance.
- Candidates must submit two (2) personal or professional references from people who have known the applicant for a minimum of two years who can attest to the applicant’s character, conduct, work experience, or community service.
Practical Nursing Program Health and Screening Requirements
Students are required to provide documented proof of the following
vaccination/immunizations before the first day of class:
- PPD: 2- step skin test completed within 1 year, QuantiFERON gold test or clear chest x-ray dated within 5 years.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine completed within 10 years OR proof of immunity via titer.
- Tdap (Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis) vaccine completed within 10 years OR proof of immunity via titer.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine completed within 10 years OR proof of immunity via titer.
- Hepatitis B (3 dose series 0, 1 month, 6 months) vaccine completed within 10 years OR proof of immunity via titer.
- Flu vaccine completed yearly.
- Covid-19 vaccination record
- A completed Physical examination must be submitted on the School Health form.
- A urine Drug Test (10 Panels) must be completed a week before the start of class with a negative result.
- Child Abuse Clearance completed within 1 year with no history of child abuse.
- Active BLS from American Heart Association) certificate valid for the duration of the study.