The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam is a standardized test commonly used for admissions into nursing and allied health programs in the United States. It is developed and administered by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI), a leading provider of assessments and learning resources for healthcare education.
The TEAS exam evaluates the academic readiness of prospective students in various subject areas, including reading comprehension, mathematics, science, and English language usage. The test is designed to assess the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for success in healthcare education programs.
To pass the TEAS exam with no hassle, please follow the guidelines below:
- Understand the exam: Familiarize yourself with the structure and content of the TEAS exam. Understand its sections, such as reading comprehension, math, science, and English language usage. Obtain a study guide or resources provided by the test administrators to gain insight into the exam format.
- Set a study schedule: Create a study plan that allocates sufficient time for each exam section. Be realistic about your availability and commitments, and try to study consistently over several weeks leading up to the exam.
- Gather study materials: Collect study materials such as textbooks, online resources, practice exams, and flashcards that cover the topics tested in the TEAS. You can find study guides and practice tests from official sources or third-party publishers.
- Identify your weak areas: Take a diagnostic practice test to assess your strengths and weaknesses. Identify the areas where you need improvement and focus your study efforts on those topics.
- Review content: Go through each section of the TEAS and review the relevant content. Use your study materials to refresh your knowledge and understanding of the subjects tested. Take notes, create summaries, and use mnemonic devices to help you remember important information.
- Practice, practice, practice: Utilize practice tests and sample questions to gain familiarity with the exam format and to improve your time management skills. Practice tests can also help you identify areas where you need further improvement.
- Seek additional resources: If you’re struggling with certain topics, consider seeking additional resources. Online tutorials, videos, or study groups can provide alternative explanations and help you grasp challenging concepts.
- Focus on reading comprehension: The reading comprehension section is often challenging for many test takers. Improve your reading skills by practising with a variety of texts, such as newspapers, magazines, and academic articles. Take note of the main ideas, supporting details, and the author’s tone.
- Brush up on math skills: Review basic math concepts, such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and conversions. Practice solving problems in these areas, paying attention to formulas and problem-solving techniques.
- Review science and English language usage: For the science section, review key concepts in biology, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and other relevant sciences. In the English language usage section, focus on grammar rules, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Take care of yourself: Prioritize self-care during your preparation. Get enough sleep, eat healthily, and exercise regularly. Taking care of your physical and mental well-being will contribute to your overall performance on the exam.
- Take practice exams under simulated conditions: Closer to the exam date, simulate test conditions by taking practice exams within the same time limits as the actual TEAS. This will help you become comfortable with the pacing and build confidence.
Remember, success on the TEAS comes with diligent preparation and practice. Be disciplined, organized, and consistent in your study efforts, and seek help when needed.
At Dotlen Academy of Science, we have experienced tutors that will help students navigate the TEAS examination without hassle. Call us today to learn more.